Healing the Child Survivor
Payment of fee please to the account:
Recipient: PIE - Helga Matthess
Account number: 200 010 395
Bank code number: 350 500 00
Bank: Stadtsparkasse Duisburg
IBAN: DE04 3505 0000 0200 0103 95
This workshop begins with a look at chronic traumatization in children and adolescents from a historical perspective and covers the physiological effects of trauma on the brain and related impairments in chronically traumatized children. The course then covers methods of assessment, assessment tools, and differential diagnosis across the spectrum of severity pathology. The workshop introduces the concept of dissociation in chronically traumatized children as a window for understanding their internal world. The psychotherapy section presents a model that integrates child developmental theory, attachment theory and family systems theory with an understanding of how trauma affects the developing brain. The therapy enriches purely cognitive behavioral perspectives with an emphasis on processing emotions related to traumatizing events through creative expression and sensitivity to attachment dilemmas in traumatized children. The workshop addresses techniques for looking at difficult symptoms such as self-injury, trance states, rage reactions and sexual acting out. The course ends with a review of techniques for intervening within the systems that affect the child and adolescent such as family dynamics, social services, schools, and the legal arena. Clinicians finishing this workshop will have an understanding of how to intervene with the traumatized child with dissociative symptoms to promote healthy development.
Participation in this program will enable you to?
- identify how chronic trauma affects multiple modalities of functioning.
- utilize techniques for sensitive interviewing of traumatized and dissociative children
- develop a treatment plan for traumatized children that encourages integration across modalities.
- address the treatment challenges of entrenched self-destructive symptoms in traumatized children
- analyze the family dynamics that sustain dysfunctional coping in traumatized and dissociative children and adolescents.
- become familiar with the legal challenges brought up by cases with traumatized.
The workshop will be of interest to professionals who assess and assist chronically traumatized children. Detailing the childhood development of the trauma-related psychopathology in adults, the workshop will also inform professionals who assess and assist adult survivors of chronic childhood traumatization.
Seminar auf English .
|Lunch||13.00 h. till 14.00 h.|
|Lunch||12.30 h. till 13.30 h.|
PIE012-01 (2007 - 21. and 22. March)
Our Conditions for training and business are in effect.